In today’s post, we’ll highlight the essential things to help you crack a Java interview easily with little work experience? Also, you would know all those areas where you should focus on to prepare and what you need.
JAVA is like an ocean. It begins with the core part of the language. It includes basic programming syntax, control flow, exception, classes, collections, file i/o, etc. After that, you get into the advanced level concept such as web apps basics, servlets, session handling, JSP, and so on. So, if you have less experience, then you may need to sail in the ocean to excel.
How to Crack a Java Interview Easily?
Learn Core Java
It is the heart of the Java programming language. And you must master the underlying concepts.
Some of the must-know topics are:
- Core Java Programming Introduction of Java
- Data types and Operators
- Control Flow statements
- OOPS and its application in Java
- Constructors in Java
- What are Constructors?
- Properties of Constructors
- Default and Parameterized Constructors
- Rules for constructor implementation
- Constructor Chaining
- this call; super call for constructors
- Exceptions in Java
- What are Exceptions?
- Need for exceptions
- How can Exceptions be coded in Java?
- API hierarchy for Exceptions
- Types of Exceptions
- Strings in Java
- Collection Framework in Java
- Input-Output in Java
- What is the stream?
- Bytes vs. Characters
- Overview of the entire Java IO API
- Read/Write file
- Reading User input from the console
- PrintWriter Class
- Serialization in Java
- Java Inner Classes
- Java ProcessBuilder with Example
- JNA tutorial
- Threads in Java
The interviewer would likely grill you the most on Core java part only.
Acquire Advance Java Skills
Advanced Java includes higher-level and more complicated topics. You should only try these when you have got the basics right. Some of these concepts are as follows:
- Intro to JSP – Java Server Pages or JSP technology to connect the static HTML with the Java code for dynamic pages.
- Intro to Servlets -Servlet is a Java class. It produces dynamic content after fulfilling the user request. You should learn about Servlet, its lifecycle, and methods.
- Session Management – How to handle a session by URL rewriting, using Cookies, and HttpSessiontechniques
- Filters and
Develop Framework Knowledge
There are various readymade Java frameworks available in the market. These can help you get away with a lot of manual work.
Some of these are Hibernate and Spring framework (Dependencynjection, AOP.JDBC, MVC). You may go through the following topics:
Hibernate Framework (version 3.x)
- What is the ORM principle?
- Why ORM?
- ORM implementations
- Hibernate Architecture
- Introduction to Hibernate
- Hibernate Architecture
- What are Persistent classes?
- Hibernate CRUD
- Setting up the Hibernate project
- Configuring all JARs and XML files
- Setting up a connection to DB using Hibernate
- Performing basic CRUD operations using Hibernate API
- Object Identity; Generator type classes
- Using SQL, HQL, and Criteria queries
- Mapping Collections and Associations
- To define sets, mas, lists in Hibernate
- Association Mappings:
- One to one
- One to many
- Many to one
- Many to many
- Hibernate Caching
- What is caching?
- What are the types of caching in Hibernate?
- Explanation of various caching mechanisms in Hibernate
- Using Hibernate Annotations (if time permits)
- Sample example of using Hibernate Annotations
Spring Framework (version 3.x)
- Intro to spring
- What is Spring?
- Spring Architecture
- Intro to all modules of spring
- Setting up spring
- Setting up of Spring framework
- Download JARs
- Configure XML files
- Dependency Injection
- What is Dependency Injection?
- How is it implemented using Spring Framework?
- Bean Wiring mechanisms in Spring
- Spring AOP
- What is Spring AOP?
- Implementation of Spring AOP
Domain Knowledge to crack java interview
The following are also essential things to understand:
- What domain are you working and type of client,
- Which part have you programmed in the project,
- Which application server you are using and its version,
- Clarity of your role in the project.
Please also note that one step of the interview is also to check your ability to use algorithms to solve real-world issues. You can prepare this and make sure to master the standard algos and data structures.
Top Interview Questions
Next, you should also read from the top Java interview questions. These would certainly help you out in interviews.